Doodhi Paneer Kofta Curry
by Palak Rajput
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18219 times
Doodhi paneer kofta curry serves best with the roti or naan.
- Add little salt to grated white pumpkin and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze out the water completely.
- Combine all the ingredients in bowl, except the paneer and mint leaves.
- Add the water as per required and knead a dough of a thick consistency to hold the filling.
- Divide them in to equal portions and keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine the paneer, mint and salt, mix well and divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Take a portion of kofta dough on a greased palm and spread it.
- Place a portion pf paneer mixture and bring the sides together to seal tightly.
- Repeat the same to make more such koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Keep aside.
- Make a smooth puree of tomatoes and pumkin and boil in a vessel by adding water to it.
- Add the bay leaf, pepper corns and salt, simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Add cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp of water to it, mix well.
- Cook until the mixture resembles a smooth sauce. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cloves, tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander cumin powder and asafoetida, saute and cook until oil separates.
- Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk, cream, sugar and salt, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the koftas, and simmer for more 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with cream, coriander and paneer.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 09 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.