Doodhi Pachadi / Spicy Doodhi Raita
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Doodhi Pachadi / Spicy Doodhi Raita in Hindi)
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28507 times
Pachadis are the South Indian equivalent of raita, and commonly there are two types of this accompaniment. The ones made with tamarind as the base are usually spicy, while the ones made with curds as the base are are normally bland.
However, here is a unique Doodhi Pachadi, made with cooling bottle gourd and curds, perked up with myriad chat-pata ingredients like ginger, green chillies and onions too. A traditional, aromatic tempering offers the perfect finishing touch to this creative pachadi, making it a true tongue-tickler.
Serve it fresh, before it becomes watery, with a full-fledged South Indian meal, or as a simple Accompaniments to Parathas or mixed rice dishes like Coconut Rice or Tomato Rice
Enjoy how to make Doodhi Pachadi recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- To make the doodhi pachadi, combine the bottle gourd, sliced onions, green chilli, ginger and ½ cup of water in a non-stick kadhai and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the curds and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chillies and chopped onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tempering over the bottle gourd-curds mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.