Doodhi Masoor Dal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12069 times
A delicious dal recipe with a blend of tuar and moong dal. The dals are tempered with mustard and cumin seeds and flavored with tomatoes, sugar and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
- Clean and wash the masoor dal.
- Dry roast the dal till it turns brown in colour.
- Cool and combine the dal with bottle gourd, salt and turmeric along with enough water, mix well adn pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the bayleaf, red chilli, sugar and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour this tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kreeshna on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.