Doodhi In A Jiffy
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10119 times
This can be had with sabudana khichdi or sabudana vada for special taste.
- Peel and wash the bottle gourd and cut into square cubes, but not too small. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, bring water to boil and add lauki and cook for around 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and add some water and whisk well.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add 1/2 cup of water and buttermilk and keep stiring until it comes to a boil.
- Add the green chillies, lauki, crushed groundnuts, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rshankar on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.