by Foodie #48100
This recipe has been viewed 2832 times
Doodh kamal is a specialty dessert recipe with milk and rice boiled together along with saffron, chopped nuts and cardamom. Serve this creamy delicious sweet extravaganza with rose petals and pistas as garnishing.
- Rinse a large heavy bottomed saucepan with cold water.
- Pour in the milk. put to boil, on high flame.
- When it starts to boil, add drained rice.
- Stir gradually till boiling resumes.
- Dissolve crushed saffron in a tbsp. of warm milk or water.
- Continue to boil milk till rice is done.
- stir occasionally.
- Press a grain between fingers to check.
- Add saffron, chopped almonds, pistas and cardamom.
- Save a tsp.of chopped almonds and pistas for decorating.
- The milk should be thick enough to thickly coat back of a spoon.
- Transfer to a decorative glass bowl.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Just before serving,
- Carefully lay the silver foil at the center.
- Dot with rose petals, saved almonds, and pistas.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.