Diwali Tacos With Salsa
This recipe has been viewed 4731 times
a Mexican namkeen with Indian touch will easily get along with our Indian cultural festival of Diwali.
selecting a good blend of natural ingredients, cooking technique and small bite size servings will help to keep this Diwali healthy and guilt free.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- combine all the ingredients and knead a semi stiff dough. Make 2" diameter puris and give them tacos shape by placing 1" thick, 9" long and 1.25" broad, smooth paper sheets or hollow box in-between .
- Use parchment or butter paper on face of the box and grease it as well to prevent any sticking of the puris on paper.
- 3 to 4 puris can be clinged on to one such paper template and 3 to 4 such sticks can be baked at time, one besides other in a regular size oven.
- bake it for 15 minutes or until crisp and light golden.
- heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, garlic and saute.
- Add the paneer, pineapple, peas, salt and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and use fresh or refrigerate.
- Take baked tacos and spread 1 tsp salsa in each.
- Add 2 tsp of filling mixture in each.
- Garnish it with grated cheese, parsley, almonds and strawberry pieces.
- Serve fresh.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 05 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.