Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3261 times
Presenting an innovatively created luscious divas. These diya or lamp shaped divas have milk powder and sugar mixture as base which is filled with sweet coconut based mixture. The red colored wicks made from marzipan just complete the look of the divas and make it an interestingly appealing and delicious farali dessert recipe.
- In a deep pan, combine the sugar and 1 cup water, mix well and cook till the syrup is made of one thread consistency.
- Add the milk powder and cardamon and mix well and pour the mixture in a greased thali.
- When the mixture is little cool, divide the mixture into 35 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into 35 equal portions and cut them into round shapes using a cookie cutter in the shape of small cups.
- Place the sugar in a deep pan and add the 1/2 cup water and boil till a syrup of 1 1/2 thread consistency is made.
- Add the yellow food colour, coconut and almonds and mix well and remove from the flame.
- Cool and fill all the cups with this mixture. Keep aside.
- Add red food colour to the marzipan and mix well.
- Shape this mixture into small wicks and place them in the middle of the coconut mixture.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by pghaghada on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.