Dilpasand Dal Biryani
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10048 times
A delicious and unique biryani recipe!! a must try!
- Soak the dal in enough water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and cook in a deep pan in enough water, till the dal is cooked and tender. Keep aside
- Heat enough water in a deep pan, bring it to boil and add the rice.
- Cook till the rice is cooked. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai, add the tomatoes, curd, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or till the oil saperates.
- Add the garam masala and ground onion paste, mix well and cook for a while.
- Add the dal, mix well and saute for 2 min. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, put 1/4 of rice then add dal masala and put remaining rice on it.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Sprinckle fried potatoes and fried onions on top.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sofiya on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.