Added to 165 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37437 times
An aromatic and tasty dosa that strikes the right chord with kids of all age groups, the Dill Dosa appeals to moms too because it scores high on nutrition content!
The combination of rice and urad dal in the batter makes the Dill Dosa a good source of vegetarian protein. Dill adds some iron to the equation, helping you improve haemoglobin levels too.
Make this yummy dosa as an evening snack for kids when they come home from school. You can enjoy some with your evening tea too!
- Combine the rice, beaten rice and urad dal in a deep bowl with enough water and soak for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Blend with 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a deep bowl, add the dill leaves, coconut, green chilli paste, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear ½ tsp of ghee evenly over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes till the dosa turns golden brown in colour. Turnover and cook again for ½ minute or till the other side gets cooked as well.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 16 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Dill Dosa recipe by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.