Dieter's Pizza ( Delicious Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34195 times
Today, pizzas are easily available at every restaurant and of course with any number of variations. Here's one variation specially created for diabetics to indulge in. . . Once in a while. The pizza base in this recipe is made using whole wheat flour (and not refined flour (maida) which has a high glycemic index and raises the blood sugar levels rapidly). I have used a creamy mixture of mustard flavoured low fat cream cheese instead of cheese. This miracle spread not only melts well but also tastes good, of course, not like real cheese, but a good guilt free substitute. You can use any other vegetable toppings that you like instead of the one used in this recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 250 mm. (10") diameter and 6 mm. (¼") thickness and place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes. Chop finely and keep aside the tomato pulp.
- Heat the oil, add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Add salt and simmer for some more time.
- Finally, add the oregano and mix well. Keep aside.
- Blend the paneer, milk and mustard to a smooth purée in a liquidiser and keep aside.
- Spread half the tomato sauce over the pizza base and top with cheesy topping mixture.
- Arrange half the zucchini, onion and tomato slices on the pizza and top with some basil leaves.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till the base is evenly browned. Top with some more basil leaves.
- Make another pizza using the other pizza base and the remaining ingredients.
- Divide each pizza into 4 pieces and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.