Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19018 times
Diabetic idli is a diabetes friendly idli recipe with a nice variation. The idlis are prepared from a mixed dal batter , instead of a typical rice and dal based batter and hence is great snacking choice for diabetics. Serve the soft, delicious diabetic idlis with green chutney
- Clean, wash and soak the dals in enough water for 4 hours.
- Blend the dals along with green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, asafoetida, chilli powder and salt in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the cabbage, mix well and cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp oil and mix well.
- Grease the idli moulds and pour a spoonful of batter in each mould.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 15 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambhar.
This recipe was contributed by cookingtime4g3 on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.