Dhokla Simla Mirch ( Roz ka Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 947 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46631 times
Innovative to the core, the Dhokla Simla Mirch is an easy but amazing dish that is sure to earn you laurels. Deseeded capsicums are loaded with khaman dhokla batter and steamed till the fluffy dhokla rises to fill the crunchy vegetable. An aromatic tempering of sesame seeds and other ingredients is a perfect finishing touch to this unique dish, and makes it absolutely irresistible!
- Cut the capsicum into 2 halves vertically. Remove the seeds carefully so as to retain the shape of the halves. Keep aside
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water, except the fruit salt, in a deep bowl and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Add in the fruit salt, sprinkle 2 tbsp of water over it and mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions.
- Pour a portion of the khaman dhokla mixture into each of the 3 capsicum halves and steam in a steamer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and allow the capsicum to cool slightly. Cut each capsicum halve into 2 pieces vertically and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 6 more pieces with 3 more capsicum halves. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the stuffed cqapsicum.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- Mix the ingredients for the khaman dhokla batter using your hand rather than a ladle to get a smooth lump-free mixture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.