Dhokla Layered Cake
by Foodie #18837
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8074 times
1.this dish is ideal for a chat party and is very innovative.
2.the chutneys can be prepared in advanced so this saves time.
3.boondis could also be used instead of bhujias.
4.to make it look more appealing, tomato Bhujia and spinach Bhujia ( available in market )could also be used.
- Prepare the dhokla in a round tin as per packet instructions.
- Cool a bit and then with a knife cut it horizontally in half with a thread or a knife.
- ( as you would cut a cake in half )
- For making the filling,heat oil in a pan.add aniseed and then add poppy seeds to it.
- Add green chilli and ginger and sauté well.
- Add onion and then add the indian spices to it.
- Add potatoes and mix well.next add grated carrots to it.
- Add coriander and mix well. check the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- In a serving dish,put the cut half of the dhokla and then spread green chutney over it.
- Apply the potato filling on it and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves,bhujia and chopped onion.
- Cover with other half of the cake and then spread tamarind chutney over it.
- Decorate with bhujia,chopped coriander leaves,chopped onion,chopped tomato and green coriander chutney.
- Cut in slices and serve immediately otherwise it would become soggy.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #18837 on 15 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.