Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8034 times
Dhokla delight is a delicious and traditional way of preparing Gujarati snack dhokla. The besan is mixed with sour curds and the batter is steamed. The steamed gram flour dhokla are cut into small squares and tempered with chillies, mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut.
Add your private note
Dhokla Delight recipe - How to make Dhokla Delight
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix all the ingredients , except the fruit salt.
- Make a smooth paste. add water , to make the consistency right.
- in the meantime, keep a pressure cooker ready on the stove .
- Oil two round pans well and keep them in the cooker.
- When the pans are nice and hot, add the fruit salt to the dhokla mixture and give it a good stir.
- Immediately pour into the pans and steam them for about 30min.
- Test to see if cooked by drawing a wet knife through it. if the knife comes out clean, the dhoklas are done.
- Let the dhoklas cool down, remove from pan .
- Soften the dhoklas by pouring some sugar water on them.
- Arrange one of the dhoklas, on a plate.
- Apply liberally the paneer filling.
- Top with the second dhokla.
- Press slightly, so that the filling is sandwiched well.
- Fry the mustard seeds in oil and sprinkle them on the top.sprinkle liberally with the coconut grating, and fresh coriander leaves
- Cut into squares and serve with green chutney or khatta metha chutney, or just plain tomato sauce.
This recipe was contributed by lakme on 02 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.