Dhokla By vinodsharma
This recipe has been viewed 3147 times
Get ready to enjoy the popular Gujarati snack, dhokla with coriander chutney. The dal batter is steamed, cut into squares and seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut. The spongy abd delicious dhokla recipe is not only soft and easy to prepare but also healthy.
- In a bowl, beat together chickpea flour, 30 ml oil, salt, lemon salt, soda bicarbonate, 50 gms sugar and 300 ml of water to make a smoth batter.
- Apply 3-4 drops of oil on a tray, evenly.
- Spread the batter on the greased tray and place in a doubleboiler to steam for 20 minutes.
- Once steamed, allow to cool and then cut into square pieces.
- In a pan, heat the remaining oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, remainingg sugar and lastly water, bringing it to a boil.
- Let it cool before pouring it over the tray of dhokla.
- Garnish with corainder leaves, coconut and chillies and cut into diamond shapes. serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.