Dhokla By tiwari_anuja
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3161 times
Make the traditional Gujarati Dhokla with this easy recipe at tarladalal.com. The soft, spongy and delicious gram flour based dhokla are best paired with a coriander chutney and garnished with grated coconut and fried curry leaves.
Add your private note
Dhokla By tiwari_anuja recipe - How to make Dhokla By tiwari_anuja
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix together all the ingredients for the batter except the fruit salt using enough water to make a thick batter.
- Add in the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix well.
- When the mixture rises, pour it into a greased thali and steam for about 10 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small katori and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeeds, green chillies and asafoetida. when the mustard seeds crackle, add 1 tablespoon of water and pour this over the steamed dhoklas.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.