Dhokla By kamalacute
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3545 times
Dhokla is a steamed gram flour based cake recipe which is popular in Gujarati households. A soft and delicious dhokla is low in calories as are steamed and also provide a great way of adding proteins in form of curd and besan in your diet.
- Take gram flour in a bowl.
- Add beaten curd/ yogurt and warm water.
- Whisk well to remove all lumps.
- The mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Add salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
- Make a paste of ginger & green chillies.
- Add this paste to the fermented mixture. add turmeric pwd and correct seasoning.
- Grease a dhokla mould or a shallow cake tin with a little oil.
- Dry roast the soda-bicarb on a tawa, mix it with 1 tsp. of oil and the juice of one lemon.
- Mix well and add this to the gram flour mixture.
- Pour it in the greased mould and allow to stand.
- Then steam for 10-12 mins.
- Cool for some time.
- Cut into squares & arrange in a serving plate/bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.