Dhokla ( Chola Methi)
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4303 times
A creative variation to the traditional besan based dhokla recipe, the dhokla chola methi) is prepared from a batter made from a mix of chola, methi leaves and curd. An instant dhokla recipe, the chole methi adds an unique taste and texture to this dhokla recipe.
- Soak the dal in enough water for 4 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with green chillies, using a little water.
- Add the asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Add the curds and baking powder and whisk well.
- Add the oil, mix well and cover and keep aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the soda bi-carb and salt over the fenugreek leaves.
- Grease the idli moulds with oil and sprinkle a few fenugreek leaves in each mould.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each mould and steam in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 29 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.