Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6899 times
Dhokla Khaman) is a Gujarati snack recipe of creating steamed savory cakes from a batter comprising buttermilk, salt and gram flour. The khaman dhokla are enjoyed straight out of the steamer and with a tempering of mustard seeds and slit chillies. Sprinkle grated coconut as garnish to add taste to this healthy evening snack choice.
Add your private note
Dhokla(khaman) recipe - How to make Dhokla(khaman)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the sesame seeds, green chilli and asafoetida and remove from the fire.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and pour the mixture over the steamed dhoklas.
- Garnish with the coriander and sprinkle with the chilli powder.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney
- Combine all the ingredients except the fruit salt in a bowl and make a batter using a cup of water.
- Add the fruit salt. sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix wel.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter microwaveable container and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 1 more tray of dhoklas.
- Keep aside.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.