Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28087 times
This recipe being a parsi recipe dhana jeera powder, sambhar powder, cumin-garlic-red chili paste will be available at gangar stores at dadar of grant road in mumbai-maharashtra-india.
the garlic-jeera-red chili paste can be made at home and can be stored in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 day provided it is used regularly.
for the garlic-jeera-red chili paste, grind 1 clove garlic, 2tbsps jeera and 30 red chilies (kashmiri) with 2-3 tbsps vinegar
Add your private note
Dhanshak recipe - How to make Dhanshak
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 hours 30 minutes
- Mix all the dals, wash and soak overnight or for 2 hours in hot water.
- Chop finely all the vegetables and add to the soaked dal (except the tomatoes).
- Add mutton/chicken to the dals. add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, dhana jeera powder, curry powder, salt to taste.
- Add water if required after three whistles of the cooker
- Dry grind the tempering ingredients.
- In another vessel heat oil.
- To the oil add the ground tempering ingredients, jeera-garlic-red chili paste, sambhar powder, dhana jeera powder, curry leaves and the tomatoe puree.
- Roast for 2-3 minutes seing that the ingrediemts do not burn but at the same time the oil should start leaving the masala.
- Add the cooked dal along with the mutton/chicken pioeces and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with brown rice and kachuber
This recipe was contributed by Bimo on 18 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.