Dhal Pepper Water
This recipe has been viewed 5612 times
Dhal pepper water is a thin spicy cury recipe with the lentils cooked in tamarind water and pepper powder.Enjoy with steamed rice or simply as soup.
- Wash & boil with 2 cups of water till soft - strain & keep the water for the rasam.
- Extractthe pulp & keep (you could take the tamarind extract 2-3 times).
- Take the dhal water add the ground masala, add salt, 1/2 tspn turmeric pwd, & the tamarind water mix well
- Bring to a bubble- lower heat & leave to simmer for 10/15 mins for the raw tamarind smell to go- season with the seasonings items
- Pour over the rasam- garnish withchopped corriander leaves
- Serve with steamed rice & masala steaks/pepper steaks.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.