Dhabey Dee Daal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5706 times
Dhabey dee daal is a dal or lentil preparation cooked in a typical North Indian dhaba style. The dals are simmered in a spicy onion-tomato based masala and served hot with Tandoori roti or jeera rice.
- Clean, wash and soak urad dal, chana dal and kidney beans in sufficient water for at least six hours.
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic. wash, remove stem and finely chop green chillies. wash and finely chop tomatoes. wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Drain soaked dals, add six cups water and pressure-cook for half an hour or until the dals are completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic, stir-fry briefly till golden brown.
- Add chopped onion, slit green chillies and sauté for four to five minutes or until the onion is golden brown in colour.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder and stir-fry briefly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook on high heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the cooked dals and butter and mix well.
- Add salt, chopped coriander leaves and cook dal for ten minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Crush kasuri methi between the palms, sprinkle on the dals and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.