Dhabewali Methi Malai Mutter
by Amarendra Mulye
This recipe has been viewed 1055 times
This is a Dhaba version of the popular dish - Methi Malai Mutter. In contrary to the traditional dish, this dish is spicy and red in colour. The traditional dish is sweet and white in colour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the asafoetida and the chopped Fenugreek leaves and saute for 3-4 minutes on high flame. Add salt and further fry it for two minutes so that the water (if any) evaporates. Set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste and green chilli paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped roasted tomatoes and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder and mix well.
- Mash the tomatoes to some extent, add salt and mix well.
- Add the green peas, fried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add some water and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 20 Aug 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.