Desi Boiled Vegetables Curry
by Foodie #566029
This recipe has been viewed 12593 times
This dish is enjoyed by all my family members. . . Its best as a additional curry along with main course lunch or dinner. Healthy too as minimum oil is used and vegetables are boiled, so calories are retained. . . Any other vegetables other than these added like mushrooma,corn, broccoli etc.
- Put 4 cups of water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower and boil.
- After a few minutes, add capsicum followed by green peas and boil till they turn soft.
- Add the salt, cover and cook till all vegetables are cooked.
- Now add salt required for the vegetables and let it boil.
- Once vegetables are 3/4 cooked, remove from the flame and drain.
- Transfer in a bowl, add the tomatoes and onions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the urad dal and saute and after urad dal starts to change colour.
- Add the cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Remove from the flame and add this to the vegetables and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #566029 on 04 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.