Delightful Orange Bites
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4051 times
1- keeping orange rinds handy
by not throwing them is always good. especially in making these cookies).
2- if vegetable spray is not available ,isn't necessary to use it.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at a medium speed of a blender until well-blended.
- Combine flour,walnuts,baking soda,and salt seprately in a bowl.gradually add it to the sugar mixture:beating it untill well-blended.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead with slow hands 7 times.
- Shape the dough into a 18-inch-long roll.and place on a baking sheet/tray coated with vegetable spray.
- Flatten the roll with slight
- Hands to 1-inch thickness
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove roll from baking sheet:let it cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut roll diagonally into 27(1/2inch)slices and place
- Cut sides down on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temrature to 325 degrees and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Turn cookies over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- (the cookies will be slightly soft in the centre but will harden as they cool.)
- Remove from the baking sheet and let them cool completely on wire rack.
This recipe was contributed by dnemana on 29 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.