Delicious and Yummy Biryani
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7147 times
An irrestible blend of aroma and flavours along with great taste makes arati's biryani a must try!
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and grind to a smooth paste.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small round balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad pan, add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the tomato puree, ginger, turmeric and chilli powder and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the garam masala and spinach and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Clean and wash the rice.
- Combine the rice, cloves, bay leaves, salt and 2 cups of water in a deep pan and bring to a boil and simmer till the rice is almost cooked.
- Keep aside.
- In a greased bowl, spread the half the rice to form one even layer.
- Arrange all the koftas over the rice.
- Spoon the gravy on top and sprinkle the mint leaves.
- Spread another layer of rice evenly on top.
- In another pan, combine the milk, butter, cardamom powder and saffron and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the layered biryani.
- Cover with a tight lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by arati on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.