by shipra malhotra
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14837 times
Cold and creamy malai filled between two delicious bengali rasgullas. A tasty indian dessert.
- Boil milk and add lemon to curdle, the mil will separate into curds.
- Suspend the curds in the muslin cloth to drain every single drop of water.
- Boil sugar, and water.
- With the palm of your hand mash the curdsfor 5 - 6 mins to break up texture.
- Sprinkle flour ,little at a time and mix well, mashing with your palm.
- Make balls of even size.
- Put few at a time in boiling syrup and boil for 10- 12 mins.
- When all rasgullas are done take out in a bowl.
- Boil milk in a pan stirring occasionally till it is reduced to 1/4th.
- Add the cream and stir so that the cream dissolves in the milk to give a little thick consistency.
- Add all the dryfruits kept ready and boil.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Add elaichi powder and saffron.
- Keep aside to cool the milk syrup.
- Now press the rasgullas to drain off the syrup
- Add them to the milk syrup and keep in fridge for 4-5 hrs to make it chilled.
- Garnish with pista and elaichi and d serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by shipra malhotra on 10 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.