Delicious Paneer Cake
by Palak Rajput
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20064 times
Delicious Paneer Cake is fresh paneer mixed with the sugar and semolina and flavoured with cardamom, this paneer is then baked till it is golden brown from outside and thoroughly cooked from inside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the paneer and mash it thoroughly with help of a spatula.
- Add the semolina, sugar, salt, soda bi carb and cardamom powder to the paneer and knead the mixture into very soft dough. Keep aside.
- Grease the 175 mm.(7") diameter tin with little ghee.
- Sprinkle a tsp of sugar in the tin.
- Place the paneer dough in the tin.
- Carefully press the paneer into the tin with help of fingers and level it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 degree Celsius for 15-25 minutes.
- Inserting a toothpick into the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. If not than bake for some more time.
- Cool the cake to room temperature and turn the tin upside down to remove the paneer cake onto a plate.
- The caramelized side should be on top.
- Serve paneer cake immediately or you can refrigerate it for upto a week.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 21 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.