by Jyoti V B
This recipe has been viewed 3581 times
This is a special and delicious Modak with a excellent filling, which is a combination of Besan, Ghee, and Jaggery.
- Combine the wheat flour and enough water and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a non- stick pan, heat the ghee and put besan and roast till light- brown in colour.
- Keep aside for cooling.
- After it cools add grated jaggery and mix well.
- Take the dough and make lemon size balls from it.
- Roll them, put the small portion of filling and then give the modak shape.
- Take a pan and put oil, and deep fry the modak till they become golden- brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 23 Aug 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.