Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5036 times
A yellow colored kesari is a sweet preparation or dessert recipe prepared by cooking semolina or rava with saffron or kesari. The addition of whole spices like cloves and cardamoms in the delicious kesari along with chopped nuts and sugar makes kesari a much sought after dessert recipe.
- Heat a pan, add the semolina and roast till they turn golden brown.
- Boil 2 cups water in a deep pan, add the roasted semolina, while stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar gradually and mix well.
- Add the colour and ghee, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a small pan, add the cashew and raisins and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add powdered cardomom and add this to the semolina mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by made4theweb on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.