Delicious Kadala Curry
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3901 times
A traditional preparation of kadala curry served with puttu.
- Soak the kabuli channa overnight in enough water.
- Drain, add double the amount of water and pressure cook with 2 glasses of water, salt and turmeric powder for 5-6 whistles, or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the coconut, 3 red chillies and the coriander and saute till coconut turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the cooked chana and bring the curry to boil.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add 2 red chillies and the chopped coconut, mix well and saute till the sweet fragrance of coconut pieces are golden brown in colour.
- Add the above to the curry and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.