Delicious Green Barfi
by NEENA SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 2998 times
The yummy sweet green barfi is easy and quick to prepare beside it can be stored upto 4-5 days in the refrigerator. It is ideal for all occasions as it is not only innovative but also economical
Add your private note
Delicious Green Barfi recipe - How to make Delicious Green Barfi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Grease a thali (about 8 inch ) with ghee and keep aside.
- Crush the green peas in a mixer.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add the semolina and roast till colour jut changes and remove in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp ghee, add crushed green peas and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix roasted suji, green peas, coconut, cardamom powder, 2 tbsp pistachio, 1 tbsp almond flakes and keep aside.
- Add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup water to the sugar and prepare 11/2 string syrup.
- Remove from heat add pista essence, green colour and mix well. Add green peas mixture to the syrup and mix well quickly.
- Spread the green peas mixture in the prepared thali. Put the silver varkh, sprinkle almond-pista flakes and press lightly with the back of greased vati.
- Cut into pieces and allow to cool for 2-3 hours. Serve.
- It can be stored upto 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 23 Aug 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.