Delicious Dal Makhani
by Foodie #48100
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15567 times
The black urad dal and rajmah beans are cooked together in a creamy rich makhni gravy and typically enjoyed with tandoori roti or naan.
- Combine the urad dal, rajma and chana dal and soak in enough water for 4 to 5 hours. Keep aside.
- Combine the ginger, garlic and dry red chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Pressure cook the dals along with 5 cups of water, 1 tbsp ghee, salt and 1/2 of the ginger paste for 6 to 7 whistles, or till the dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mash the dals lightly and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat 1 tbsp ghee in a small pan, add the remaining ginger paste, tomatoes, garam masala and coriander powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Cook on slow flame for 20-25 minutes, stirring and mashing the dal occasionally with a ladle against the sides of the cooker.
- Add the cream, mix well and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.