Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2663 times
A delicious dal recipe with a blend of tuar and moong dal. The dals are tempered with mustard and cumin seeds and flavored with tomatoes, sugar and jeera powder. Simply delicious!
- Dry roast the dals in a hot tava, cool and soak in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and pressure cook till dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions, green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes ,turmeric, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and a little water and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Rajeshwari.Ch on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.