Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9579 times
A gujarati snack option, dabeli is basically burger buns or pav which are filled with a sweet and spicy filling. The dabeli is best enjoyed hot with loads of butter over it.
Add your private note
Delicious Dabeli recipe - How to make Delicious Dabeli
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 15 dabelis
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida, prepared dabeli masala, potato, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Remove from the flame, add the 2 tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Slice the burger buns into halves horizontally and cook the buns in a pan using a little butter.
- Place a portion of the filling on the lower half of each bun.
- Top with the onions, peanuts, coriander, sev, pomegranate , fresh garlic chutney and khajur imli ki chutney.
- Sandwich it with the top halves of the burger buns.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by viranj on 12 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.