Delicious Corn Upma
by Prajakti Desai
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10420 times
Corn upma is a delectable upma recipe with corn or makkai as ingredient. The corn kernels are roasted and cooked just like semolina upma with onion, mustard seeds, curry leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves. An excellent breakfast item, corn upma is easy and delicious.
- Pressure cook the corn kernels for 7-8 whistles or till they turn tender.
- Drain the excess water and blend the corn along with salt and green chillies in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, hing, red chilles and the ground corn and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut, lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Prajakti Desai on 26 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.