Delicious Badshahi Khichdi
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9461 times
Badshahi khichudi is an innovative khichdi or rice-dal based preparation which is full of flavour , taste and health benefits. A combinations of lentils like chana dal, moong dal,masur dal with onion, potato, coconut and spices, badshahi khichudi or khichdi is served best with batter fried vegetables or bhajias.
- Clean, wash and soak the dal and rice in enough water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the coriander leaves, ginger and garlic and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Blend the coconut into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and coconut paste, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add little luke warm water, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chola dal, and after 10 minutes, add the moong dal and after 10 mins add the masoor dal and rice.
- Mix well, add water and cook till the water is evaporated.
- Add potato and salt, mix well and when the water starts bubbling, lower the flame and simmer till rice and dal are cooked.
- Serve hot with bhaja.
This recipe was contributed by piu72 on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.