Deep's Quick Bread Idli
by Chef Deep
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3737 times
An interesting twist to the traditional idlis which can be served as a quick breakfast or snack.
- Cut out cirles from the bread slices with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Add salt, pepper and green chilli to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions and add 2 tbsp of water to curds and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non stick tava and spread each portion of potato on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the idlis with the bread side facing up and spread little curd on each idli and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over idlis.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Chef Deep on 20 Dec 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.