Deep Dish Tomato Cheese Delight
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6409 times
The deep dish tomato cheese delight is a thick crust pizza cooked in a deep pie-dish with interlaced layers of tomato and mozzarella cheese. It is magical how just a few basic ingredients can result in such a fantastic pizza!
- Roll out the pizza dough into a circle of 200 mm. (8”) diameter and 8 mm. (1 1/3”) thickness. Line a 150 mm. (6”) greased pie dish with it.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the base.
- Place alternate layers of tomato sliced and mozzarella cheese slices and drizzle some olive oil in between. Sprinkle salt at regular intervals.
- Top with the grated mozzarella and finally another drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for about 20 minutes or until the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.