Day and Night Koftas
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6080 times
Day and night koftas is truly a delightful sight with a great taste enrobed in a creative vegetable kofta recipe. The boiled palak leaves are filled with paneer stuffing and then rolled up in cornflour and fried. These paneer filled spinach koftas are simmered in tomato gravy and served with roti or naan.
- Boil the spinach leaves, drain and keep aside.
- Combine the mashed paneer , khoya , coriander , salt ,red chilli powder and garam masala and mix well in a bowl.
- Place a spinach leaf in a dry flat surface and place the paneer mixture in between and roll like a cylindrical and seal the edges.
- Roll these koftas in a dry corn flour.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry these koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chilli powder and salt, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add the prepared paste and saute for a minute or till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the koftas to the gravy and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by monicalohia on 28 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.