Dates Sweetened Rice Crispy Treats
by Rekha Ghadawala
This recipe has been viewed 876 times
Healthy rice crispy treats made with dates and peanut butter for a sweet sticky refined sugar free cereal snack.
- In a high speed blender or food processor combine the dates, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Blend to form a thick sticky paste, you will likely need to use the tamper or stop and stir frequently.
- If absolutely necessary you can add 1-2 tablespoons of either maple syrup or oil to get it to blend, fo not add water or the bars will turn out soggy.
- Transfer the dates paste to a bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds to soften or heat on the gas stove top until soft.It will not change in appearance but makes it much easier to mix in to the cereal so don't skip this.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the rice crispy cereal and salt.
- Add the date paste and mix until evenly coated.
- Press the preapared mixture firmly in to a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Dates Sweetened Rice Crispy Treats do not need to be kept in the fridge, but will last longest that way.
This recipe was contributed by Rekha Ghadawala on 17 Mar 2019Hi! Around Atlanta, I known for my cooking and creativity. My name is Rekha, I am a mother and full ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.