Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5321 times
This is a turnover stuffed with dates,grated coconut and sugar.it is a good evening snack for kids. Nice way to incorporate dates in your kids diet.
- Mix thoroughly wheat flour with salt and warm water in a deep bowland knead to make a smooth dough.
- Remove the seeds of dates and chop into small pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.Fry grated coconut and sugar till sugar melts completely and dry.Add chopped dates to it and mix well.The filling is ready.
- Make gooseberry sized balls and roll into round shapes.Place a heaping tablespoonful of the filling in the middle of each round.Fold the dough over the filling to form a half moon shape,Firmly pinch the edges together to securely close the samosa,Repeat the same process with the remaining rounds.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the samosas till both sides are done .
- Remove and drain on a tissue paper. Serve warm as a tea time snack.
This recipe was contributed by Prajusha on 17 Nov 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.