Dates & Walnut Cake
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29289 times
Tempt your family and guests on festivals and birthdays with this dates & walnut cake. A soft and spongy cake recipe, dates and chopped walnuts add to the looks and taste of this perfect cake recipe.
- Sieve the flour,baking soda,soda bi-carb 3-4 times and keep it aside.
- Chop the dates and walnuts finely.
- Beat the egg and keep it aside.
- Put the chopped dates, salted butter,sugar powder and hot boiling water in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly but not too much.
- Add the beaten eggs alternatively with the flour in the mixing bowl till both are used.
- Keep mixing the mixture.
- Lastly add the chopped walnuts and the essence.
- Bake the cake in a oven at 150 degrees for 45 mts.
This recipe was contributed by bin_tk on 14 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.