Date and Walnut Pudding
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8540 times
Date and walnut pudding is a baked pudding recipe with dates and walnuts added to the spongy pudding mix. A classic pudding recipe which can also be prepared by steaming and served as dessert after meals.
- Remove seeds from dates and chop them finely.
- Soak chopped dates in 5tbsp of water with 1/2 tsp soda-bicarb for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Sift maida with baking powder.
- Beat eggs and keep aside.
- Mix dates and walnuts gradually and alternately with the maida.
- Keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar very well. add essence. mix.
- Add the maida mixture and the beaten eggs, gradually and alternately to the butter-sugar mixture. beat well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 2000 c for 45-50 minutes. keep aside.
- Prepare custard sauce by dissolving custard powder in 1/2 cup milk.
- Heat the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar.when it boils,add the custard powder, stirring continuously.
- Cook for a few minutes till it coats the back of the spoon.
- Serve the pudding with hot custard sauce.
This recipe was contributed by indiaschirag on 19 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.