Date and Sesame Wontons ( Easy Chinese Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16830 times
A delightfully innovative dessert of wonton wrappers filled with a nutty date mixture. This is one of my favourite chinese desserts and i will not skip that mandatory scoop of ice-cream.
- Toast the sesame seeds over a medium flame until they are lightly browned. Cool.
- Grind them coarsely and mix with the brown sugar, dates and butter. Keep aside.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the centre of each wonton wrapper.
- Apply the milk along the edges and fold over to make a semi-circle. Bring the ends together and press to make a wonton. Refer to diagram see below.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make more wontons.
- Deep fry in hot oil until they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.