Date and Chocolate Sandwich Cake
by LOPA SHAH
This recipe has been viewed 4831 times
Cakes and pastries are of many varieties; chocolate sponge cake is common and from the basic chocolate cake one can make as many varieties as one wants. Here is sandwich cake made from basic chocolate sponge cake which is to be served especially with tea or coffee, tea time cakes are little less sweet than regular cakes.
Add your private note
Date and Chocolate Sandwich Cake recipe - How to make Date and Chocolate Sandwich Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the butter and condensed milk in a bowl and whisk well, till it turns light and creamy.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and enough water and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Add the curds and mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla essence, mix well and pour this batter in greased cake tin.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack at room temperature. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the dates, brown sugar, apricot jam, lemon juice, almond and little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Mash the dates with stapula to make thick paste, if the paste is too dry add little water. (it should be of spreading consistency).
- Divide the prepared chocolate cake horizontally into two equal parts.
- Place one half of the cake on a serving plate and spread date and nut mixture evenly on it.
- Cover with the other half cake.
- Put paper strips on the cake at regular interval.
- Now sprinkle icing sugar on the cake with the help of strainer.
- Carefully remove paper strips, so there will be a design of icing sugar on it.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 02 Jul 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.