Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4356 times
It's a great summer cooler, date shake with the combination of vanila ice cream topped with whipped cream and cherry.
- Combine the dates with 1 cup of milk and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of milk and vanilla ice cream and blend again till smooth and slushy.
- Pour into a tall and chilled glass.
- Top each glass with 2 tsp whipped cream and a cherry.
- Serve immediately.
- Use preferably medjool dates. Other dates have thicker skins and don't blend easily
- Chocolate date shake: add 3-4 tsp of chocolate syrup at step 2.
- Chocolate chip shake: substitute chocolate chip ice cream for the vanilla ice cream.
- Orange date shake: substitute orange juice for milk.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 25 May 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.