Date Oats and Mixed Berries Granola Bars
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10812 times
These yummy no-bake granola bars with crunchy almonds, tangy mixed berries, wholesome dates and creamy peanut butter will become your best friend, coming to your rescue whenever hunger strikes!
The combination of ingredients in the Date, Oats and Mixed Berries Granola Bars is such that they balance each other in flavour and texture, giving you a heavenly experience.
You can make a batch of these granola bars and store them in airtight containers. Store them in the fridge to retain their freshness and increase the shelf life. Carry one with you when you go out, so you will not be tempted to walk into a bakery when you are hungry!
When making these granola bars, make sure the peanut butter-honey mixture cools down a bit (should be warm) before mixing it with your hand, to avoid scalding your palm. Also grease your hands generously with oil before pressing out the mixture on the tray.
You can also try other bars like Chocolate Popcorn Marshmallow Bars and Oats, Walnut and Cornflakes Snack Bar .
- Blend the dates in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- In deep non-stick pan, lightly roast the oats on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- In a deep non-stick pan, roast the almonds on a medium flame for 3 minutes while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Combine the dates, oats, almonds and mixed berries in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and add it to the date-oats mixture and mix well.
- Grease and line a tray with a butter paper, pour the mixture into it and using your palm, press it out to form a square.
- While it is still warm, cut into 8 equal rectangular bars. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bar
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.