Darbari Dal ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69981 times
Darbari dal, a quick fix dal that can be made when you are tired of making the same old dal fry and dal tadka. All it takes is hot water as a stand by to ease your cooking time.
- Clean, wash and soak the dals together in a bowl for an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, onions, dried fenugreek leaves, green chillies and ginger-garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the dals, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape using natural release method, ( refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the curds and cream and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately with rice and salad.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||264.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.