Dapka Kadhi ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21806 times
Kadhi lovers will enjoy this one - a yummy combination of non-fried moong dal dumplings and the traditional gujarati kadhi, this dish is rich in protein – an essential aid to losing weight. Have with pulao or khichadi as a great way to increase the protein in your diet.
- Combine the besan, curds and 4 cups of water in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add the ginger -green chilli paste, curry leaves, sugar and salt, mix well and put to boil.
- Simmer on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add this tempering to the boiling kadhi and cover it immediately (this helps to retain the flavours of the tempering).
- To the boiling kadhi, drop spoonfuls of the prepared moong dal batter and coriander and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or till the dapkas are cooked and start floating.
- Add the coriander, mix well and serve hot.
- Ensure the moong dal batter is not very thick nor very thin.
- Add a spoonful of the batter to the boiling kadhi and wait for it to float up. If it does not float, it means the batter is too thin. You can add a little besan to the batter and proceed as per the recipe given above.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.